- Cannabis Landlord alleges political witch hunt, retaliation by City of San Bernardino
- Ivy Palm Resort is the latest Palm Springs hotel to undergo a major renovation
- Cosmetic store chain to add Inland store
- Riverside accounting firm adds shareholder
- High school students to get a head start on college
Hotel breaks ground
Ground has been broken on a 90,000-square-foot hotel in Ontario.
The 131-room Element by Westin Hotel will be built on 4.5 acres at 900 N. Via Piemonte Ave. across from Citizens Business Bank Arena, according to a statement.
The four-story project, which is expected to be completed by the fall of next year, will include a pool, fitness center and a 3,000-square-foot restaurant.
Glacier House Hotels in Scottsdale, Ariz, is building the project.
The hotel is part of Ontario Center, a series of commercial projects the city is developing to create an entertainment center near the 11,089-seat arena. Those projects will include high-density residential units, a grocery-anchored shopping center, brew pubs and more restaurants, according to the statement.