- Cannabis Landlord alleges political witch hunt, retaliation by City of San Bernardino
- Ivy Palm Resort is the latest Palm Springs hotel to undergo a major renovation
- Cosmetic store chain to add Inland store
- Riverside accounting firm adds shareholder
- High school students to get a head start on college
Riverside has new city planner
Mary Kopaskie has been named Riverside’s city planner.
Kopaskie, who has more than 30 years experience in land use and environmental planning in the public and private sector, is scheduled to begin July 27, according to a statement on the city’s website.
She will oversee the city’s planning division and report to David Welch, interim director of community and economic development.
Before joining Riverside Kopaskie worked in San Diego County as chief of the Advance Planning Division, a position she held for two years. Kopeksie also oversaw several long-range projects including the county’s climate action plan, sustainable groundwater management plans and its multi-species conservation program.
Prior to that, Kopaskie spent 12 years in the planning departments of Qatar and the United Arab Emirates, according to the statement.